Click on the images to see a larger version.

All of the images on this site are copyrighted material and may not be used without written permission of the owner. If you would like to use or purchase prints any of these images, please visit Full Moon Photography for more information.

All of the images here have been reduced in size to at least 1/6 the original and then compressed for display.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

More Mt. Hopkins Sunsets

It's hard not to shoot this scene from my fron yard. An Arizona sunset, Arizona geology and Arizona astronomy combine in this image of Mt. Hopkins and the MMT Observatory. Canon 20D - 1/640th, 238mm @ f/5.6, ISO 400

6 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Hey, thought you might have dropped off the planet without any photos in almost 2 weeks! Funny, I took almost the same subject around sunset tonight, only from Kitt Peak with Mount Wrightson and Mount Hopkins in the frame together.... :-) I haven't downloaded the image from my CF yet, though.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Yeah I know. I've been a bit of a hemit. We had the LPL/TAAA open house on Mt. Lemmon and Astronomy Camp over the last two weekends. My new mount should arrive tomorrow so expect more "Beyond" images soon.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Glad to see you're still alive. I had the astro campers up here on Monday night and one of them mentioned your name. My new Sigma EF-500 DG Super has supposedly been delivered at the lab - can't wait to get my actual paws on it....

4:54 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

A flash??? For you???

Hmmmm.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Yeah - I'm shooting my nieces wedding in a couple weeks. You weren't thinking I was going to be using it to shoot "Heavenly bodies", eh? If only....

3:10 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Well we'll see what you can grab at the wedding!

:)

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home