Click on the images to see a larger version.

All of the images on this site are copyrighted material and may not be used without written permission of the owner. If you would like to use or purchase prints any of these images, please visit Full Moon Photography for more information.

All of the images here have been reduced in size to at least 1/6 the original and then compressed for display.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Black-Throated Hummer

With all the recent rain lately, the bushes on the south side of my house are a riot of color. This Black-Throated Hummingbird spends most of his day feeding or resting near by. I finally decided to take his picture. Even at 1250th of a second exposure, I haven't frozen his wing movement. Canon 20D - 1250th, 300mm @ f/7.1, ISO 1600

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Nice hummingbird! I know how hard it is to get a shot of these fast moving critters - I was trying to get a dragonfly the other day but he wouldn't land anywhere and I never got a shot, but I did get a wasp that wouldn't land (and another dragonfly that did land...).

6:18 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Hummers can be fearless and this one has seen me enough to be comfortable. The shutter clap spooked him at first but after a while he ignored it.

9:02 PM  
Blogger CameraDawktor said...

this is a fantastic capture.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Thanks dawk. I'm pleased with the image for the most part, but as with most of my images, I see things that aren't exactly as I would have liked. It does make me strive to be a better photographer though.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home