Click on the images to see a larger version.

All of the images on this site are copyrighted material and may not be used without written permission of the owner. If you would like to use or purchase prints any of these images, please visit Full Moon Photography for more information.

All of the images here have been reduced in size to at least 1/6 the original and then compressed for display.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Colorado River from Navajo Point 24992

The Sun is a little lower and the shadows are starting to become more defined. Tis view is downstream.

Canon 20D - 1/4th, 70mm @ f/ 22, ISO 100

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

How much processing have you done on these? I found that doing some stretching has really brought the bang out of some of the otherwise low contrast and slightly underexposed images. It looks like you've perhaps done a bit of stretching as well.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Processing? None! This is how they shots came out of the camera!!

:)

Seriously, I am doing the same digital darkroom processing I do on almost all of my images.

First, I set my white and black points to do the color correction and to maximize the dynamic range.

Second, I set the color saturation. This one image had good color, so I set this so it is a bit more saturated than usual.

Third, I remove any dust spots.

Fourth, some dodging and burning where appropriate.

Last comes resizing, sharpening, lowering the bit depth to 8 bits from the RAW 12 bits and then compressing to the resulting jpegs that get posted.

Pretty much what I did in the darkroom when I shot film and nothing extreme. Digital sure does make it go much quicker though, and undoing incorrect adjustments are a breeze.

It takes about 10 minutes per image.

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home