Click on the images to see a larger version.

All of the images on this site are copyrighted material and may not be used without written permission of the owner. If you would like to use or purchase prints any of these images, please visit Full Moon Photography for more information.

All of the images here have been reduced in size to at least 1/6 the original and then compressed for display.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

A Different Kind of Raptor

This Cooper's Hawk makes Freedom Park its home. Jim & I kept seeing him fly around watching for lunch to present itself. Most of the time he kept far enough away when he was flying where I didn't even try to get an image, but at one point he flew a few feet away from my head on his way to this shaded perch about 50 feet up in a tree.

I was going to keep this image private but my friend Tim, an avid birder, thought that it was a good shot, so here it is.

Canon 20D - 1/250th second, 300mm @ f/ 8, ISO 100

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home