Click on the images to see a larger version.

All of the images on this site are copyrighted material and may not be used without written permission of the owner. If you would like to use or purchase prints any of these images, please visit Full Moon Photography for more information.

All of the images here have been reduced in size to at least 1/6 the original and then compressed for display.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Evening Conjunction

Now that my move into my new home is nearly complete and things are beginning to settle down again, I have some time to start posting images.

On the 19th of May, the crescent moon and the Planet Venus joined each other in the evening sky to make a beautiful pairing.

Canon 20D - 1/50th second, 500mm @ f/ 6.3, ISO 100

2 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Lovely shot! I had noticed the crescent moon the night before and knew the moon would be right next to Venus that night and made sure to look for Venus next to the Moon in the daytime that same afternoon - made it a breeze to see & my wife saw Venus in the daytime for her first time ever when I pointed it out to her.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Tuguldur said...

Great shot! :)

I observe this event every month, waiting for the next one in 18 July.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home