Click on the images to see a larger version.

All of the images on this site are copyrighted material and may not be used without written permission of the owner. If you would like to use or purchase prints any of these images, please visit Full Moon Photography for more information.

All of the images here have been reduced in size to at least 1/6 the original and then compressed for display.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Taking Shelter from the Rain

This is the first Western Diamondback that I got to see close up. There were Monsoonal storms around the area and I went out to check on a birdfeeder that had fallen. I spotted this guy coiled up next to my porch, waiting out the storm. The birds took a while to notice him, but once they did they got very noisy! Canon 20D - 1/200th, 300mm @ f/10, ISO 1600. He was more pale than is seen here. I increased the contrast and saturation a bit to bring out the pattern and the scales.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

I suppose you were "rattled" when you first saw him? Being more of a city dweller, it was quite a few years after moving here before I saw my first rattler in the wild. They're pretty cool to see - from a safe distance.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Not at all. I've kept snakes over many years, so I was more pleased and excited to have one at the house. I've been wondering why it was taking so long for me to spot one close up.

5:39 PM  
Blogger CameraDawktor said...

Wow, he's cool! I love monsoon season........

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home