Click on the images to see a larger version.

All of the images on this site are copyrighted material and may not be used without written permission of the owner. If you would like to use or purchase prints any of these images, please visit Full Moon Photography for more information.

All of the images here have been reduced in size to at least 1/6 the original and then compressed for display.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Flight Simulator X Screen Shots

I haven't used this blog in quite a long time, as you can see by the date of the last update.

Anyway, I have recently upgraded our home office computer, looking for a box that would let me "fly" Flight Simulator X (FSX) with realistic settings and scenery. This way I could practice instrument procedures so my skills don't get too rusty, check out a multitude of rare and historic airplanes, and lastly to create aviation imagery.

On this last point I have been posting my early work on the website FlightSim.com in their Screen Shot Forum. I've been working on improving the appearance of FSX to look as realistic & visual appealing as possible.

I recently started making images of the quality I want to produce. While I enjoy the ability in that forum to create stories based on flights, there are severe restrictions to the file sizes that can be posted. Since screen shots are already very limited in resolution, further reduction in size and additional compression really hurts the final images. I considered posting my screen grabs on our business website, but that's not really appropriate. That's why I am resurrecting this blog.

In the future I'll be posting what I consider the best of my simulated aviation images at their full 1.3 megapixel screen resolution starting very soon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home