Click on the images to see a larger version.

All of the images on this site are copyrighted material and may not be used without written permission of the owner. If you would like to use or purchase prints any of these images, please visit Full Moon Photography for more information.

All of the images here have been reduced in size to at least 1/6 the original and then compressed for display.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006


Arizona is known for it's beautiful sunsets. Here's one from the second week of December, 2005 It was taken from Mt. Bigelow in the Catalina Mountains, north of Tucson. Canon 20D - 8/10ths second, 43mm @ f/32, ISO 100

4 Comments:

Blogger CameraDawktor said...

That's an amazing photo, did you do any color enhancing to it? Amazing that nature could just produce something like that. I put an interesting cloud formation/sunset photo on my blog last Sat. or Sun.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Yes, I did, but only slightly. Usually the first thing I'll do is use "Autolevels" in Photoshop just to see what it produces. It pulled a lot of red out of the sky above the clouds, but it removed too much red from the clouds, but I like the way the sky became a lighter, but unrealistic blue, for this time of day.. I reverted back to the original and increased the blue and reduced the red channels slightly, just enough to seperate them a little more, but not too much. I'd say it much better matches what the sky looked like that evening.

10:53 AM  
Blogger CameraDawktor said...

What version of Photoshop do you use, I just got 4.o and am having a great time learning it.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

I started out with Version 3 years ago, but I'm currently using 6. I'm thinking about getting CS because 6 doesn't handle the plugins I'd like to use for the files from my work.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home