Click on the images to see a larger version.

All of the images on this site are copyrighted material and may not be used without written permission of the owner. If you would like to use or purchase prints any of these images, please visit Full Moon Photography for more information.

All of the images here have been reduced in size to at least 1/6 the original and then compressed for display.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Serendipity 11038

Serendipity

n : good luck in making unexpected and fortunate discoveries.

I was climbing the hill behind my house to take some images of the growing cumulus clouds building over the Rincon Mountains to the northeast. As I climbed the hill, I noticed how the petals of these flowers, a pale gray-green, contrasted against the reddish-beige of the rocks and gravel of the slope. I haven't seen these plants previously anywhere else and as I climbed past them to get the shoots I was originally there for, I instantly previsualised this image. I had just added a few new tools into my Photoshop toolbox the night before I saw this image. It was serendipitous that I came across this scene the day after I learned how to properly reproduce what I saw in my mind's eye. Canon 20D - 1/100th, 18mm @ f/22, ISO 800

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home