Click on the images to see a larger version.

All of the images on this site are copyrighted material and may not be used without written permission of the owner. If you would like to use or purchase prints any of these images, please visit Full Moon Photography for more information.

All of the images here have been reduced in size to at least 1/6 the original and then compressed for display.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Black-Throated Sparrow


The birds are slowly becoming more used to my presence and the sounds of the camera. Here's another Black-Throated Sparrow that wasn't much bothered by me taking it's picture. This image is cropped about 25% from the orginal frame and I used Photoshop's "Sharpen More" filter to make the definition of the feathers "pop". Canon 20D - 1/800th, 300mm @ f/10, ISO 400

3 Comments:

Blogger CameraDawktor said...

I like the contrast in colors between the bird and the background.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Thanks!
I have t say there is little I don't like about this image. The colors, the contrasts, the lighting, the sharpness of the bird's feathers and the branch that it's perched on. My only complaint is that I had to crop it a little to get the composition just right. But then again, if I were closer, I might not have gotten it at all.

10:30 AM  
Blogger CameraDawktor said...

True Dat! When I've photoshopped a print and I'm so happy with it, I just want to share it w/ someone. Isn't this blogging business a great way to do that?!?

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home