Click on the images to see a larger version.

All of the images on this site are copyrighted material and may not be used without written permission of the owner. If you would like to use or purchase prints any of these images, please visit Full Moon Photography for more information.

All of the images here have been reduced in size to at least 1/6 the original and then compressed for display.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hey! What's making all that noise?


I was about ot drive out to the mailbox today when I heard a different call from bird outside. I grabbed the camera when I saw it was a woodpecker. "The Gila!" I said to myself when I saw him heading towards the Saguaro. I mindlessly snapped a number of frames of him watching me intently from his hole, ready to take wing as soon as my attention waivered.
As I was preparing this image to post, I noticed that the markings on this bird were definitely not that of a Gila, which sent me scrammbling for my Peterson's _Western Birds_.
Sure enough, there it is. My first Gilded Flicker,
I haven't felt like this since I moved from New York to Florida, new birds to be discovered daily! Canon 20D - 1/3200th, 300mm @ f/5.6, ISO 800

1 Comments:

Blogger CameraDawktor said...

Congratulations! I love the fact that those pricly cactuses can be a home for anything...let alone a bird!

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home